BROOKLYN, Conn. -- Four people are displaced after a house fire on Thursday evening.
Mortlake fire crews responded to 399 Windham Road in Brooklyn around 8:10 p.m after reports of a house fire. Brooklyn Fire Marshal says the preliminary investigation shows the fire started on the second floor bedroom from a lit candle.
The fire has since been put out, crews worked on putting out hot spots for over two hours. Unfortunately one resident has been hospitalized with second degree burns to the face and back and is expected to be ok.
Officials say the home is a total loss.
East Brooklyn, Hampton, Danielson, and Atwood hose fire departments also assisted at the scene.
Authorities say the American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family tonight.