Man and dog rescued from house fire in Bristol

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BRISTOL–A house fire in Bristol left damage to the inside of a home on Christmas Eve.

The fire started in the kitchen of a second-floor apartment. An upstairs neighbor came home around 5 p.m. and smelled smoke, so she called 911. Firefighters responded and knocked down the door for the second-floor apartment. Inside they found a man sound asleep.

Both the man and his dog were rescued. No one was injured.

The fire was on Gridley Street, and there wasn’t any major exterior damage visible, but the second floor had severe damage and the first and third floor and minor smoke and water damage.

The fire is under investigation by the fire marshal.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.