What’s on your Fall #CTBucketList?
Register for the 83rd Manchester Road Race

Ask the Attorney

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Dear Ask the Attorney,

I was hoping to start the New Year out right  by using my tax refunds (I usually get between 3,000 and $4,000) to pay off my debts but it won’t be enough as I have accumulated $15,000 to 20,000 in credit card debt and medical bills. If I file bankruptcy on the credit cards and medical bills, can I keep the tax refunds??


Mike B

Waterford CT

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.