What’s on your Summer #CTBucketList?

Smoke detectors save families from Torrington condo fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TORRINGTON – Fire officials are crediting smoke detectors with saving the lives of two families after a condo fire Monday morning in Torrington.

The fire took approximately an hour and half to put out at 601 Essex Court.

The condo where the fire began is a total loss.

The fire spread to an attic that was connected to another condo but firefighters were able to keep most of the fire contained to the condo where the fire first started.

The snow and nearby hills made fighting the fire difficult for fighters to get to the condo.

Three fire departments helped out with fighting the fire.

The Fire Marshall is beginning an investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.