Resident treated for smoke inhalation after Hartford fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARTFORD – A resident was injured in a fire at an apartment Tuesday morning.

Emergency crews were dispatched to 69 Gillett St. around 12:30 a.m. for an apartment fire.

Fire officials said the resident fell asleep while cooking something on the stove in apartment 402.

The fire department said the resident attempted to extinguish the fire but was unsuccessful

Firefighters were able to put it out the fire and there is extensive damage to the kitchen and apartment below from water used to put out fire.

Fire officials said the resident had non-life threatening smoke inhalation and was transported to Saint Francis, treated and released.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.