Fairfield firefighters battle beachfront blaze
FAIRFIELD – The call came in at 7:30 Friday evening from a Fairfield Beach Road resident who reported seeing smoke and fire coming from the rear of a house located on Pine Creek Avenue.
Upon arrival firefighters reported heavy smoke and fire coming from underneath the home, from a possible storage area.
Firefighters searched the house for occupants and pets, as it was rapidly filing with smoke, and found the home to be all clear.
“Our firefighters did an amazing job of reducing risk to adjacent homes by quickly and efficiently putting this fire out,” said Assistant Fire Chief George Gomola, in a statement. “One of the dangers faced by firefighters in this fire was the storage of propane cylinders and gas cans stored under the building and encountered during the fire attack. We ask residents to keep propane tanks and gas cans away from the building when possible.”
Westport and Bridgeport fire departments provided coverage during the fire.
This fire is under investigation by the Fairfield Fire Marshal’s Office.