GALES FERRY – An early morning severely damaged a home on Ramblewood Drive.
Firefighters responded to the fire around 3 a.m and had to transition to defensive attack due to the roof collapsing. A neighbor said the fire started with a malfunction at the hot tub. The fire chief said the fire started under the deck where the hot tub is located.
Five fire departments helped to fight the fire.
Gales Ferry firefighters said residents made it out of the house safe. Drivers are asked to avoid Christy Hill Road between Route 12 and Ramblewood Drive so that tankers can use that route to shuttle water back to the fire.
Earlier this morning, firefighters responded to a small dryer fire at a house on Route 12.