Wethersfield explosion damages home, injures 4
WETHERSFIELD – A house on 235 Amherst Street in Wethersfield sustained minor damage Saturday afternoon just before 5 p.m., according to fire officials.
Captain James Ritter said the four people were injured from an explosion inside the home at 235 Amherst Street and taken to Hartford Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Most of the damage happened to the rear of the home and was contained within the home.
Officials with Connecticut Natural Gas are on scene, though the cause of the explosion isn’t known.
The Wethersfield fire marshal and building inspector are investigating.