HARTFORD -- Getting a passport can be a headache in your travel plans if you don't plan ahead. But the CT Passport Agency has some tips on how to make this process as smooth as possible.
Jamis Sebert, of the CT Passport Agency, joined FOX 61 Morning Extra Monday, with some important tips. The CT Passport Agency will take part in the Ski, Sun and Travel Expo on Sunday, November 8 at the Aqua Turf in Southington.
- If you need a U.S. passport for travel, you should apply as soon as possible.
- Even if you do not have plans to travel, consider getting a passport if a family or business emergency could require an international trip.
- Applying early will allow you to save the $60 expedite fee.
- If you have a valid passport, be sure to check its expiration date before you make travel reservations.
- Some countries will not let you enter if your passport will expire in less than six months.