Latest on Paris: 3rd person in Belgium charged; death toll up to 130

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The iconic Eiffel Tower is lit up in Paris in the colors of the French flag.

PARIS–The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris.

___

10:20 p.m.

Belgium has filed terror charges against a third suspect relating to last week’s Paris attacks.

In a statement late Friday, the prosecutor’s office said in a statement that “the person that was arrested yesterday has been charged by the investigating judge with participation in terrorist attacks and participation in the activities of a terrorist organization, and placed into custody.”

Two other suspects are already behind bars facing similar charges.

___

9 p.m.

The Paris prosecutor’s office says a woman killed during a police raid in a Paris suburb did not blow herself up as police had previously thought.

Wednesday’s raid on an apartment in Saint-Denis resulted in a seven-hour siege that ended with three people killed, including Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected architect of Friday’s devastating attacks in Paris, and Hasna Aitboulahcen, the 26-year-old daughter of a Moroccan immigrant.

The Paris prosecutor’s office said Wednesday that investigators believed a woman had blown herself up in the siege. Police officials later said the woman was Aitboulahcen and she was believed to have detonated a vest. On Friday, prosecutors confirmed Aitboulahcen was killed in the police raid but said she was not a suicide bomber.

A third person killed in the Saint-Denis raid remains unidentified.

___

Read more about the Paris terror attacks here.

___

8:40 p.m.

Paris prosecutors have determined that two of the three suicide bombers who targeted France’s national stadium north of Paris last week passed through Greece on the same day last month.

Prosecutors said in a statement that both men were checked by authorities on Oct. 3 in Greece. They did not name either man in their statement or the specific place in Greece.

A Greek official has said that a man carrying a Syrian passport with the name of Ahmad Al-Mohammad was processed Oct. 3 on the island of Leros after coming in from Turkey. The passport was found next to the body of a suicide bomber at the French stadium. Investigators are still trying to figure out whether the passport was real or fake, and whether it did belong to the attacker.

So far, just one of the suicide bombers at France’s national stadium has been formally identified by name.

___

7:05 p.m.

France’s Senate has voted to extend a state of emergency for three months after last week’s deadly attacks.

The state of emergency expands police powers to carry out arrests and searches and allows authorities to forbid the movement of persons and vehicles at specific times and places. France’s lower chamber has already approved the measure.

___

3:25 p.m.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls says one more person has died as the result of last week’s attacks in Paris, raising the total to 130.

Valls sais: “To those who ask, ‘what can I do?’ I say: to resist is to keep on living, to go out,”

The count does not include any of the attackers who died.

___

2:20 p.m.

French authorities say police have conducted 793 raids since last week’s attacks.

Last night alone, police reported performing 182 raids, detaining 17 people, and seizing 76 weapons plus drugs.

After five nights of raids, authorities says police have detained 90 people and seized 174 weapons, including 18 military-style firearms, 84 rifles and 68 handguns.

In addition, 164 people have been placed under house arrest with new powers permitted under France’s state of emergency. Police also seized 250,000 euros.

___

12:05 p.m.

Belgium is keeping in custody two of the nine people detained during a spate of raids on Thursday.

One person was linked to stadium suicide bomber Bilal Hadfi in an investigation that was not directly related to the Paris attacks last Friday. Another suspect, who was detained in relation to the Paris attacks, also had his custody extended by a day.

The seven others, including one whose detention was linked to Paris, were let go, a statement from the prosecutor’s office said.

___

12 noon

France’s army recruitment spokesman says the number of people wanting to join up has tripled since the Paris attacks.

Col. Eric de Lapresle told Le Monde newspaper that the number of people inquiring through the army website has gone from 500 to 1,500 a day since the Nov. 13 carnage that killed 129 people.

He says it’s a “totally new phenomenon.”

He says applications had already gone up from about 150 a day after attacks on satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and a kosher supermarket in Paris in January.

The French army currently has almost 112,000 troops and 8,400 civilian employees.

After last week’s attacks, President Francois Hollande froze plans to cut more than 9,000 troops by 2019.

___

9:35 a.m.

France’s national police chief says that the whereabouts of a key fugitive in last week’s Paris attacks is unclear.

Jean-Marc Falcone, speaking Friday on France-Info radio, said he is unable to say if Salah Abdeslam, a suspected accomplice, could be back on French territory.

“We can’t say anything about the exact geographic situation of that individual,” he said.

European officials earlier acknowledged that French police stopped Abdeslam the morning after Friday’s attacks at the Belgian border but then let him go.

His brother Brahim was among seven suicide bombers in the attacks on Paris.