MILFORD -- The Easter holiday is laden with many traditions.
One such tradition is arrival of the Easter Bunny which drops off baskets filled with treats in the middle of the night.
But beyond the chocolate bunnies and colored peeps, the ‘Easter Bunny’ is often looking for ways to minimize the sugar overload.
So for ideas on some fun Easter Basket ideas. Danielle Consiglio, Marketing Manager for CT Post Mall in Milford, joined FOX 61 Good Day Connecticut with some fun ideas:
- For the little kids, why not fill a wagon with some ‘spring’ toys like these plastic gardening toys and DIY butterfly house. These gifts will get the kids outside (after the egg hunt they can help mom & dad in the yard) – All these items you can find at Target for under $30.
- Or fill a toy dump truck with some fun items like a Frisbee, a ball, jump rope bubble wands, sidewalk chalk- All these items you can find at Target in Milford also for under $30.
- For baby – fill the basket with Bunny baby books and a onesie– as well as items that will help them develop their fine motor skills like stacking cups, bath toys, plastic eggs. All of these items you can find at Buybuy Baby for under $50 and we love this adorable shopping cart that has wheel locks and can later be used a walker.
- For the young ladies, what 8, 9 or 10 year old girl doesn’t love all the girlie accessories – so fill their baskets with barrettes, sunglasses, and all kinds of girlie accessories from Claires, which helps with the budget too! The entire store is buy get 3 free. Got all this stuff for $23.
And all of these items last a lot longer than candy:
- What is Easter without your Sunday best clothes? These are few sweet items for girls and boys from Gymboree – always reasonably priced – great selection – These outfits are all under $14.99
- Sundae Spa – Is offering custom Easter baskets for $30 and under that can be customized by color Pink-Blue-Green and scent including Jelly Beans, Watermelon, cookie dough, peeps and more!