What’s on your Summer #CTBucketList?

Hartford school official charged with risk of injury to a minor

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARTFORD–A now-former Hartford school official has been charged with one felony count of risk of injury to a minor.

FOX 61 learned last week that Eduardo Genao, the Hartford school district’s former executive director for compliance, was being investigated by police.

“As of April 5th, Mr. Genao is no longer employed by Hartford Public Schools,” Pedro Zayas, Hartford Public Schools director of communications, said at the time.

Bond was set at $50,000, and he is scheduled to appear in court April 20.

Deputy Chief Brian Foley said police were approached by a member of the community regarding criminal allegations of inappropriate conduct against Genao and a 13-year-old female from an out of state school.

Police said investigators visited the victim in her home out of state and corroborated details of the interactions, between the teen and Genao, Police seized a phone and electronic evidence was seized.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.