Tom Brady is NFL’s No. 1 player in merchandise sales
Brady’s total haul: over $20 million.
The New England Patriots quarterback tops a list of the 50 players with the most merchandise sales during the 2015-16 season released by the NFL Players Association on Monday.
The products include everything from jerseys to bobbleheads and beer koozies to socks.
Last season was also a record year for overall sales — $1.55 billion.
The NFLPA, the players’ union, keeps about a third of the revenue — some of which goes into a pool for all players. Around two-thirds of the revenue goes to the individual player.
Brady beat out Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who had held the No. 1 spot for the previous two years.
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who has announced his retirement, was second on the list — despite beating Brady’s Patriots in the AFC championship game and winning the Super Bowl.
Here are some other interesting stats included in Monday’s report:
- The Seahawks had the most players in the top 50: six total, including Wilson, Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch.
- Denver Broncos linebacker Vonn Miller made it into the top 50 for the first time.
- Brady and Manning sold the most FanPrint brand T-shirts through Facebook ads.
The top 50 list is compiled based on all officially licensed merchandise sold between March 2015 through February 2016.
The top 10 players on the list are below:
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
- Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
- Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
- J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
- Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys