30 more state employees laid off, 919 total so far
HARTFORD–Another round of layoff notices were sent to state employees.
In all, 30 employees in four Executive Branch departments received notices: four in the Department of Developmental Services, one in the Department of Corrections, one in the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and four in the Office of Governmental Accountability.
- Department of Children and Families: 127
- Department of Developmental Services: 113
- Department of Economic and Community Development: 4
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services: 76
- Department of Corrections: 187
- Department of Social Services: 78
- UConn Health Center: 89
- Military: 1
- Office of the Chief Medical Examienr: 1
- Office of Governmental Accountability: 4
Gov. Dan Malloy has said that he expects there to be more than 2,000 positions eliminated. Thursday’s notice from the Office of Policy and Management said “there will be additional reduction notices in the future.”
State lawmakers approved a new $19.7 billion budget just last week, which eliminated a $960 million deficit through budget cuts, layoffs and other means.