SOUTHINGTON — Emergency crews are responding to a chemical leak at a middle school.
Crews responded to a glycol leak at John F. Kennedy Middle School, 1071 South Main St., in the Plantsville section of town.
Officials said the Southington fire department and representatives of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection were on the scene.
Officials say it was 100 gallons of glycol that spilled.
Officials allowing students to re-enter the school after being told to wait outside in a parking lot.
Some forms glycol are considered moderately toxic, especially if ingested. Those types are used as a coolant. Others are non toxic, and used in food production.