Fire damages Southington motel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTHINGTON — A fire damaged a motel on Queen Street Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to the Motel 6 at 625 Queen St. shortly after 4 a.m. Friday morning. When crews arrived, there was heavy smoke seen from the center of the building.

Mutual aid was called in from Bristol. No one was injured in the fire.

The fire started on the first floor in the laundry room and spread to the second floor.

Six rooms in total were damaged including the two laundry rooms on the first and second floor.

Four of the rooms cannot be occupied.

The motel is right off the Queen Street exit on I-84.

Google Map for coordinates 41.634259 by -72.872387.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.