Prince Tech student arrested in social media threat

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARTFORD — State police have made an arrest in the case of an anonymous threat made to Prince Tech last week.

Police said their investigation lead them to a 17-year-old student who they said made a threat on social media that lead to the school being locked down on June 9.  The threat read “I got a gun in my bookbag and I’m deff gonna shot up the junior lunch way for what they did to me a couple of month back.” The school was locked down for about 90 minutes.

The school was swept and K-9 units searched the school but found nothing.

The student was questioned last week and arrested on Wednesday. He was charged with threatening, breach of peace, and falsely reporting an incident. He will appear in juvenile court.

One student took a short video on her phone while she was hiding in the corner of her classroom in silence during the lockdown. It captured her biology teacher guarding the door while holding a yardstick.