Chef Evan Mathew of The Capital Grille joined FOX 61 Good Day Connecticut, and shared the recipe for Kona crusted sirloin with caramelized shallot butter.
- Whole Butter, salted 2 Sticks
- Butter, Clarified 1 Tbsp
- Shallot, sliced 1/8 inch thick 1 Cup
- Kosher Salt 1 tsp
- Freshly Cracked Pepper 1 tsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice ½ tsp.
- White Wine 1 Tbsp
- Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
- Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point, and add the shallots.
- Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with ½ tsp of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
- 18 oz Dry Aged Sirloin 1 ea
- Coffee Rub 2 Tbsp
- Shallot Butter 1 oz
- Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a “crust”.
- Grill the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
- Top the sirloin with the butter and allow the sirloin to “rest” for 5 minutes
- Carve the sirloin from the bone (if applicable) and slice it into 9-10 pieces.
- Place the slices on a warm serving platter.
- Granulated Sugar 1/3 cup
- Decaffeinated Coffee, Ground 1 Cups
- Parmesan Cheese finely grated ¼ Cup
- Granulated Garlic 2 Tbsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1 Tbsp.
- Salt 1/2 Cups