Many people are eating paleo these days. Cindy Barbieri, Cookbook Author of Paleo Italian Cooking joined FOX 61 Good Day Connecticut with some great recipes.
Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad
• 1-2 eggplants
• 2 red bell peppers (or combine colors)
• 2 large zuccini, sliced (1/2 inch)
• 1 large red onion, quartered
• 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher Salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• Fresh parsley
• Balsamic vinegar
1. To prepare you eggplant follow these instructions: Grilling Perfect Eggplant.
2. If you are using an outdoor grill heat to medium-high. I do recommend using a grill pan for the outdoor grill for the red onion, broccoli and cauliflower.
3. Take the bell peppers and place on the grill for 15-20 minutes or until charred on all sides (flip around once or twice). Once done place in a glass bowl and cover with clear wrap for 10 minutes. This will allow the steam to remove the skin. Peel skin off and thinly slice peppers.
4. Once you prepare the eggplant grill on each side 5-6 minutes. Season zucchini with salt and pepper then drizzle with EVOO and grill for 5-7 minutes per side until brown. Remove and set on a platter.
5. Take a grill pan and create a layer of onion, broccoli and cauliflower. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 11 minutes flipping once using tongs.
6. Take a platter and layer vegetables. Take a pinch of salt and season the platter. Drizzle a little EVOO and balsamic dressing then top with fresh parsley.
For the recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, Click here.
For the recipe for Basil Pesto, click here.