Person survives heroin overdose after first responders use antidote in North Haven
NORTH HAVEN–First responders saved a man’s life Friday afternoon.
Around 3:20 p.m. North Haven police officers were called to a home on Glenn Road for reports that a person had overdosed on heroin.
When police arrived they found a 34-year-old man lying in the ground outside. He was unconscious, and a neighbor was giving him CPR.
A police officer who responded administered a dose of naloxone, the generic name of the drug used in Narcan nasal spray, because the victim appeared to be suffering the effects of a heroin overdose, and it revived him. He was transported to the hospital for treatment.
The state of Connecticut has been fighting a heroin epidemic, which you can read about here.