Back-to-school tips to start the year off right
What’s on your Summer #CTBucketList?

Two charged in New Haven crash that killed 4-year-old girl last year

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW HAVEN — Connecticut State Police have arrested two people after a year-long investigation into the death of a 4-year-old girl.

On the morning of August 15, 2015, Rossrandon Stanley, 27, of New Haven, was driving recklessly on I-91 near exit 2 in New Haven, speedinig and weaving in and out of traffic, when he lost control and crashed his SUV, police said.

There were eight people in the car, including three children, and none of the children were in safety seats, according to police. Many of the people were ejected as the SUV rolled over and 4-year-old Kamorah Stanley died from her injuries.

Police said Stanley had an elevated blood alcohol content and was possibly under the influence of marijuana. He didn’t have a license and his driving privileges were suspended. Police said after the accident, Stanley lied to them and denied driving the SUV.

Just over a year later, police charged Stanley with manslaughter with a motor vehicle, interfering with police, providing a false statement, three counts of risk of injury to a minor, reckless driving and operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

Rayna Green, 29, of West Haven was also charged. She was a passenger in the car, police said. She was charged with three counts of risk of injury to a minor.

Stanley’s bail was set at $100,000 and Green’s bail was set at $5,000. Stanley appeared in New Haven Superior Court on Thursday and Green is due in New Haven Superior Court on Tuesday, September 6.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.