AMBER ALERT – Share to help find missing 1-year-old
What’s on your Winter #CTBucketList?

If you got too much Halloween candy, there’s a way to give it to troops

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILFORD--So, what do you do with the bags and bags full of Halloween candy that kids barely make a dent in? You might want to consider bringing them to a dentist.

Sensitive Care Dentistry in Milford is paying $1 per pound for candy you bring to their office on Tuesday.

The office collected about 100 pounds last year.

Like in previous years, the office will ship any candy gathered to our troops stationed around the world. But it's not just candy; when kids bring in their treats, there's one more thing they have to do before leaving: "They are going to write letters thanking again the first responders and military," said dentist Alex Quintner, a partner in Sensitive Care with his father, Mitchell Quintner.

As for the candy you are keeping, just be careful what you eat. The father and son team says all people should avoid candies like taffy that are too sticky or gooey because it can get lodged in your teeth. Also, they say, brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day should do the trick after your treats.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.