3 alarm fire in New Haven sends 4 people to hospital

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW HAVEN -- A three-story house fire has caused four people, one of them a firefighter, to be sent to the hospital Sunday evening.

Fire officials said victims were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Three were from the house that was on fire, and the fourth was a firefighter who suffered an ankle injury.

New Haven Fire Chief John Alston said the building is a complete loss. He said the origin of the fire was on the first floor of the building. The fire then spread to all three levels of the house eventually collapsing floors on the first and second levels.

Five people were displaced.

Crews were called to 253 West Hazel St. around 7:30 p.m. Both buildings on either side of the home were damaged. One firefighter was hurt.

Check back for further details as they develop.

Google Map for coordinates 41.329991 by -72.936806.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.