The Masked Singer: Enter to Win Tickets
61 Day Challenge: Enter for tickets to The Big Game
Extreme Weather: Dan Amarante looks at how it’s tracked and how to prepare

Officials: Bridgeport infant died from over-the-counter medicine

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Credit: News 12

BRIDGEPORT — The Connecticut medical examiner says an over-the-counter medicine led to the death of an infant chronicled on the A&E television show “Live PD.”

According to the report, Michael Citron died from acute chlorpheniramine intoxication. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine used in medicine brands such as Benadryl, Nytol and Tylenol. The “manner of death” is undetermined.

Citron was in a foster home when he died Dec. 2, 2016. His biological mother had been trying to regain custody at the time of his death.

A lawyer representing the biological mother said he is conducting a separate investigation into the boy’s death.

Both the Bridgeport Police Department and the Department of Children and Families are conducting investigations.

DCF Commissioner Joette Katz said “our hearts go out to the biological and foster families.”

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.