West Haven firefighter’s house catches fire, killing 20 kittens
Winters said the fire started in an electrical outlet that had nothing plugged into it in the master bedroom. Winters’ wife, daughter, and 10-year-old grandchild were in the home when the fire broke out. His family was able to get out in time, but the 20 or so kittens, who were supposed to be given away to people who wanted them, sadly didn’t make it.
Winters said he and his family are currently staying at a Milford hotel and are being assisted in looking for a rental property, as their home will need to be rebuilt.