Ask the Attorney: Suing for lost wages

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


My brother was in a very bad car accident and was out of work for weeks.  We live together and neither of us is married so I left my job temporarily in order to help him to recover when he got out of the hospital..  I lost over two months of pay because of this accident.

Can I recover money for my lost wages due to my brother’s accident?

Ray S.