Fire in Vernon injures two people

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VERNON — Two people were taken to the hospital in a house fire Sunday evening.

The fire at 15 Sunset Terr. started around 6:45 p.m.

Bolton, Manchester’s 8th district, Ellington, and Tolland assisted in knocking down the fire.

The Vernon Fire Marshal said that those taken to the hospital were taken there as a precautionary measure.

The fire started in the basement near a clothes dryer.  The Fire Marshal said that the fire seems to be accidental.

The house has been declared uninhabitable. One family is being assisted by Red Cross.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.