12 Deals of Christmas
AMBER ALERT – Share to help find missing 1-year-old

Police: Hartford officer ‘violently assaulted’ after responding to domestic violence incident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

 Police: Hartford officer 'violently assaulted' after responding to domestic violence incident

HARTFORD -- Hartford Police said Trevon Quinitchett, 24, is in custody facing serious charges after he assaulted an officer while evading arrest.

Police said that on Tuesday, Trevon was involved in a domestic violence incident in the north end of Hartford. Trevon allegedly entered his ex-girlfiend's apartment, struck and assaulted her, stole items, then fled the apartment.

Trevon sped off in his car, and drove at a high rate of speed northbound on Barbour Street, then continued through the intersection of Barbour and Kensington Streets without stopping at the red light.

Trevon then struck another car that was traveling eastbound on Kensington Street, which forced that car into several others, resulting in a four-car accident.

Trevon then left his car, removed his license plate, and tried to flee the scene on foot down Kensington Street. Hartford Traffic Division officer Noelia Resto, who was driving westbound on Kensington, drove up to the accident, and was quickly notified of Trevon.

Resto found Trevon and tried to arrest him. Trevon then allegedly violently assaulted Resto, punching her in the face and head. Rest was knocked to the ground, and she struck her head and shoulder.

After knocking Resto down, Trevon took off, but Resto was able to get back onto her feet and chase Trevon down the street while telling police of her location and giving a suspect description.

Another traffic officer, Michael Taylor, joined the foot pursuit and saw Trevon holding a screwdriver in his hand. Taylor was able to tackle and disarm him as Trevon continued to violently resist arrest. With the help of Sergeant Louis Raimundi, Trevon was eventually arrested.

Police said Resto suffered injuries to her head, neck, shoulder, and face. She was taken to St. Francis Hospital for treatment and was later released.

Witnesses told officers that Trevon allegedly punched Resto numerous times in the head before taking off. Trevon's car wasn't registered or insured, and his license was suspended and there was crack cocaine in his possession.

Trevon was charged with numerous motor vehicle violations, as well as home invasion, robbery, larceny, disorderly conduct, evading, assault on a police officer, interfering with a police officer, possession of narcotics.

Police praised the job done by Resto, saying she "valiantly pursued the suspect after being violently punched down."

Google Map for coordinates 41.792517 by -72.673390.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.