What’s on your Summer #CTBucketList?

Ask the Attorney: Healthcare options after accident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Ask the Atty,
I was injured in a car accident and might need surgery on my hip. The guy that caused the accident has $100,000 in insurance and I have no Health insurance. I've been treating on letter of protection with a chiropractor who says I can even get the hip surgery on a letter of protection for about $50,000.
My other option would be to go on Husky Medicaid but then the State would find out about my claim. Would the State then take my money? Who tells that State that I have an accident claim pending?
Which is my better option?
Aaron M

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.