Quick facts about mumps
AMBER ALERT – Share to help find missing 1-year-old
What’s on your Winter #CTBucketList?

2 dogs die in Monroe house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONROE — Two dogs died in a house fire in Monroe Wednesday.

Firefighters responded to a house on Pepper Street around 8 a.m. on calls of heavy fire coming from the building.

Officials initially believed that someone was inside the house but determined that was not true.

Two dogs died in the fire and a firefighter injured themselves after slipping on ice.

The Fire Marshal said the fire was unintentional.

The house has been deemed uninhabitable.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.