Quick facts about mumps
AMBER ALERT – Share to help find missing 1-year-old
What’s on your Winter #CTBucketList?

3 people hospitalized, 6 displaced after carbon monoxide incident in Manchester

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MANCHESTER — Three people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Manchester.

Firefighters and police said that they responded to a two-family home on Maple Street on calls of a heating oil smell coming from the basement.

Six people were found in inside the home and three people were taken to hospitals to be treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

Firefighters said that the victims were exposed to unhealthy amounts of carbon monoxide.

It was the home’s malfunctioning furnace that was deemed responsible for a high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials said that the six people who live in the home are not allowed in the home until repairs are done.

The property owner arrived on scene and is making immediate arrangements to repair the furnaces in both units.

The displaced peopleĀ  will have alternate housing provided by the homeowner if for some reason the furnace repairs are delayed.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.