What’s on your Spring #CTBucketList?

Ask the Attorney: Tax refund and debt

Ask the Attorney:
I was hoping to get a big tax refund check and use it to pay down my $20,000 of credit card debt, but my accountant just told me that I owe the IRS and State of CT nearly $5,000 for 2018. Can I file bankruptcy on these taxes? I’m single and made about $50,000 this year and also have student loans, some medical bills and an old utility bill!
Please help!

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.