I-91 North Exit 28 to close for 2 years Wednesday night
HARTFORD — An exit from I-91 north to Rt. 15 South will close Wednesday night for two years in order to realign the merge at the Charter Oak Bridge.
The Connecticut DOT said the I-91 Northbound Exit 28 will close to facilitate the first major stage of construction activity.
The project will lower southbound Routes 5/15 under I-91.
Starting Wednesday night, May 29, detour signs will direct I-91 northbound motorists seeking Routes 5/15 southbound at Exit 28 to follow the detour route as follows:
- Follow I-91 northbound to Exit 29 (to Routes 5/15 and cross over the Charter Oak Bridge)
- Take Exit 90 to Route 2 westbound
- Take first Exit to East River Drive
- Turn right on East River Drive
- Turn right onto ramp for Routes 5/15 southboundhttps://i-91charteroakbridge.com/en/about/exitclosure