Recipe provided by Michael Jordan’s Steak House at Mohegan Sun.
2 oz morel mushrooms
2 oz fiddlehead ferns
2 oz veal glace
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Season Veal generously on both side
2. Heat broiler, grill or cast iron skillet
3. Sear Veal 2-3 min on each side. Remove from heat.
4. Let Veal rest off heat for 5 min
5. If on broiler or grill return to lower heat area and finish cooking to the desired temperature, if using cast iron skillet place in a preheated oven at 400F for 5-7 min, to desired temperature
6. In medium size sauté pan add 1tbsp butter, then add mushrooms to sauté, season, and add veal glace to just bubbly.