Fire destroys Granby home
GRANBY — One man is homeless this afternoon after a fire destroyed his cabin in Granby.
Flames ripped through the the property on Lost Acres Road Tuesday morning as crews had to truck in water to tackle the fire. The homeowner tells Fox61 the fire started at his ATV and then spread to the home.
Homeowner Matthew Bromson says his ATV caught fire after parking the hot vehicle on top of some tall brush and then it spread to the house.
Bromson said, “I opened the bathroom window and I looked and there was a triangle of fire, underneath the balcony, so I grab the fire extinguisher and the house, and the hose wouldn’t reach.”
Authorities say kerosene and ammunition on the property presented additional concerns for first responders and played a role in the decision to shut the street down while firefighters worked to put out the flames.